I try to blog once a week, but I have put it off for days and days because I just haven't had the oomph to sit down and type. There's a few reasons for that. My eyes are very light sensitive this pregnancy, particularly to computer light, so I spend as little time as I can on the computer, which is unfortunately still a lot of time. It seems to trigger the migraines, so that's not nice at all. Also, my kids go a little crazy when I sit at my computer, so that's another reason to avoid it during the day, but then at night the headaches are more prevalent, so yeah, I'm just not prioritizing computer time.
Anyway, aside from that this really has been a lovely few weeks. Thanksgiving was delightful. We had some friends over we just love and it was low key and casual with lots of tasty food that we munched on the whole next week because Bill was working extra so it was mostly me enjoying the leftovers. No complaints on my part. Pregnancy makes me a bit sensitive to food, but the Thanksgiving food all tasted great to me, which was miraculous and super enjoyable.
So far December has been lovely. I thought last year Spencer got into the Christmas season, but this year is much better and Genevieve is old enough too, so we're really getting into that magical phase with kids where Christmas is an incredible experience. He is all excited about what Santa is going to bring him and he's a huge fan of our December the 1st countdown to Christmas. He tells me all the time about how Jesus was born in a stable and other details he's learning.
We started a new tradition this year after I found a really nice product on a blog I follow. It's called 25 days of Christ and it is a kit of Christmas ornaments, wooden, one for each day of the month of December up to Christmas. Each day includes a scripture, a short movie from the LDS website, and a quote from a church leader. You can paint the ornaments if you like or leave them naked wood, which is what I did this year, and it's the kind of program you can do year after year. I totally love it and the kids are really getting into it. We do it each night before bed and they can't wait every night. The kit was totally reasonable in price as well. They sold out for this year, but if you're interested, the website is 25daysofchrist.com.
I'm hoping to go see a live nativity this weekend. We'll be watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, but sans kids because it doesn't start until their bedtime. So I keep looking for opportunities for them to experience the spiritual part of Christmas and so far there have been some good times. This really is my favorite time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment