Don't be fooled by that innocent face. This kid wandered down across my neighbor's large yard, across the street, and over to the next house over to play with the girls he saw outside this afternoon while I was making lasagna for dinner and periodically checking outside to make sure the kids were good. All while the older two jumped on the trampoline. Though they were probably fighting, so maybe he was looking for more enjoyable playmates, lol. Our neighbor, who we haven't actually met because two doors down is kind of deceiving, the houses are way far apart, kindly brought him back after asking him where he lived. He was happy to show her. He's 21 months old.
Holy cow. This kid. He wants to walk into the stores now instead of being carried. He gets into his own carseat and gets really ticked if I clip his chest strap for him. He wants to put his own arms in and clip it. He's "reading" a Calvin and Hobbes book here. He climbs in and out of his high chair on his own. He can open all our doors. If he can't reach, he just gets a chair so he can. He finds his own food if we don't get him something to eat. The day he learns to open the fridge will be a day that goes down in history. I have thought on numerous occasions of late, huh, these three kids really keep me on my toes. Good thing I'm having another one in ten weeks!!! lololol.
But geez, I love this kid. He's imaginative and innovative and has the most amazing cheeky grin that splits his face in half. I just hope he survives the transition to middle child here in a bit okay and stays just like he is, because he's just the best and I don't want him to change at all. I just to figure out how to keep up with him.

No comments:
Post a Comment