Sunday, August 21, 2016

First week of school in the books

Spencer had his first week of school this week and it went awesome!
I can't believe how old he looks in this picture. He is doing so well. He loves everything about kindergarten. 

I took him to school on the first day. I walked him into the gym where the other kids were and sat down with him and asked him if he wanted me to walk him to his classroom. He thought about it for a good long moment and said no. I asked if he was ready for me to go. Another long moment of thought, then yes. Ha! It's like he wasn't nervous at all. Maybe he wasn't. That's not an emotion he feels very often as far as I can tell. I had a much harder time leaving than he did having me go, but no actual tears, just teary thoughts. 

Since then Bill has taken him to school on the way to work and I pick him up in the afternoons. It's working out great. 

I don't have tons more to say about kindergarten except that I knew he would love it and I'm so glad he does. He wants to go back every day and that makes me happy. 

We're reading a ton now. I had gotten out of the habit through Chloe's pregnancy because I was so tired, but we're back on it and have been plowing our way through the Little House on the Prairie books. The kids love it. We're on book two and read a couple or three chapters a day. 

Genevieve starts preschool in 2.5 weeks. She's so excited for that too. We went to a preschool playdate on Wednesday and she had a ball. Her backpack that had been on backorder finally came in and she wore it all day long. It was adorable.
 

Come September 7th when she starts it is going to be really quiet around here in the mornings. I can't wait to see how much she loves it too. I know she will. 

No comments: