Friday, November 25, 2016

5 Months Old

This sweet girl is five months old and gets cuter and cuter every day. Here's a fun comparison to Genevieve in the same outfit at about the same age. Genevieve is in the flower headband. The resemblance continues to be so strong.

Chloe is delightful. She sleeps through the night. She goes to bed as early as 6:30 some nights and as late as 8PM. If she goes to sleep early she does wake up in the early hours of the morning, but she still does a good 9-10 hour stretch. No complaints at all.

She just rolled over for the first time three days ago from front to back. She is so close to going back the other way too but she doesn't seem to want it yet.

She also just discovered her hands and that she can hold things and now they're everywhere grabbing everything. She likes to play with my face when I'm nursing her, which is pretty cute until she sticks her finger up my nose. Hahaha!

She still loves cloth. Her favorite blanket to sleep with hands down is her white one from Grandma Barbara. She will not sleep for any length of time without it. No substitutions allowed. This is how she sleeps, fingers wrapped through it, legs uncovered. She kicks off any blankets I put on her legs. It's pretty funny actually. She's still in our bedroom as she sleeps really well there, so when we come in at night she stirs a bit, lifts her legs up, and repeatedly womps them down on her mattress. It's like geez parents, can you quiet down a bit?? We chuckle every time.

I discovered just this week that she's well on her way to sitting up on her own. We started the era of the IKEA high chair again. it's been in storage for six or eight months but she's rocking it now. This is a good thing because she's officially done with her swing. This is how I found her in it this morning. She's got some serious core strength.



We went walking a couple times this week and she's hit the stage where she's comfy in the front pack again. Her legs are big enough to stretch out now and it's the best. That means I can front carry her again and free up my hands and she even fell asleep the other night. I love this stage.

I'm just relishing this sweet baby of mine. Everything seems extra sweet because unless something crazy happens, she's our last and that makes it special.



No comments: