Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Ode to PhDs

I have a lot of friends and family that have gotten PhDs. It never fails, if you ask them about the details they have some story of how it was so difficult to finish. I guess we still needed to live that part of our PhD story. We couldn't just smooth sail to completion like it seemed was happening. The internet isn't really a place to go into details, but suffice it to say that the timeline just got pushed back an indeterminate amount and there is more work than expected before Bill finishes. So here's to keeping on dreaming of the future when school is done and living in the reality of a bit more time here. I'm registering Genevieve for kindergarten and hoping we won't actually be here that long, but hey, it's in the realm of reason.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry for the off putting of dreams, I hope the timing works well and blessings from it are seen in hindsight!

Rachael said...

The extra years have been really, really, really hard on the adults--but they have been the best possible thing for our children. Doesn't make it any less grueling for us, but those kids definitely needed to be here longer than we'd planned!