Friday, May 5, 2017

Piano Progress

I am making slow progress on the piano redo. I took some pictures to document what it looks like right now. All the paint is off minus a few hard to reach places I'll get to soon. There's a good bit of residue on the legs as well as below the keyboard, but I stripped one leg and was pleased to see that what I thought would happen did in that most of the damage on the leg is to the finish, not in the actual wood. When I stripped off all the finish it looked infinitely better. I did a little bit of work on one tall side as well to see how it would go and it's going to take a ton of work, and in shifts because all that scrubbing with steel wool makes my arms sore, but the finish will come off and the bare wood is going to look amazing when I add new stain.That's a long way off, but it's fun to have a project and I work on it a little bit here and there. This one is going to take longer than most of my furniture projects, but the result is worth it to me.









No comments: