Friday, April 28, 2017

First Steps

Chloe has been standing unassisted for a few weeks now. She's pretty pleased with her little trick and she's gotten to the point where she can actually stand up pretty well from the floor and get all the way to standing. Not gonna lie, it's impressive.

The way this girl works, she's not much into trying and trying and trying to figure milestones out. She's more of the not thinking about them at all and then one day it enters her mind that she can do something and boom, she's doing it type. So until she thought of walking herself, she wasn't going to do it.

And that's what happened tonight. We were watching Moana and the kids were bouncing off the walls from excitement of watching it. That movie is so high energy. Chloe caught the energy and was just going crazy. She stood up next to the couch and I offered my arms out to her. I was only a couple feet away, but just far enough she had to take a couple steps to get to me and boom, she did it! They were pretty unsteady, but I saw the look in her eyes. She was like, hey, I could just WALK to mom instead of crawling. Oh boy, nothing is going to hold her back now. She's ten months old and five days. That's virtually the same age as Spencer when he took his first steps. The other two walked at 11 months and 13 months, so she's winning development milestones here. I'm so excited for her to walk.


No comments: