Several nights we've had crazy amounts of thunder and lightning. The thunder shakes our whole house. I remember storms like that growing up in Colorado Springs. Turns out they're just as intense to weather as an adult as I remember them being as a kid. We have a dead tree in our yard that hasn't been removed yet. Tons of other trees have fallen but so far that one is still there. It's pretty far away from our house and the wind blows parallel to our house so if it did fall it should go away from us, but that's kind of nerve racking. There was a while this fall and winter where we were in a drought, but looks like that is past. We've had inches and inches of rain this week.
There's not really much else going on at the moment. It kind of feels like a time warp actually. Bill and I are both working a ton. Time seems to stand still but we're already a week into April, so obviously it isn't.
The kids are doing lots of fun things. Spencer is learning tons of awesome tricks on the trampoline. Genevieve is the queen of the rings we have in the carport. Aaron is perfecting his ability to pester his siblings. He's living up to his little brother status to perfection. It goes both ways. Genevieve has gotten into cutting hair. She cut her own bangs this week and she trimmed a chunk out of Aaron's side burn too. Chloe started standing on her own this week too and she cruises a bit along the furniture. She can drink out of a straw these days and I make kefir smoothies daily and it's pretty much the best thing in her day. She starts hyperventilating if we don't give her one fast enough when she sees I've made them. Today is the beginning of Spring Break. I haven't a clue what we're going to do, but I'm sure it'll be fun.
Here's a picture Spencer drew. "Jump in the puddles."

No comments:
Post a Comment