Friday, April 21, 2017

Blessings

Back when Bill and I got married 8+ years ago we were married over Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend so we didn't have time for much of a honeymoon. At the time we were big into going to presentations for super expensive items we weren't really going to buy only to get the free gifts. They only convinced us once to buy, and I still haven't used that thing, so that's a testament to their sales skills. But one thing we got was a few days' stay at a hotel in Cancun and we excitedly planned it as a delayed honeymoon. We showed up in the airport that morning to discover that the name on my ticket and on my passport didn't match because of marriage name changes and Delta refused to help us with it. I was heartbroken. I haven't flown with them since. I may in the future, but it was awful. They did refund us the full price of our tickets, which is unusual. And the bird flu happened to be going through at that time, so going to Cancun wasn't a great option right then. But still. I was heartbroken. We've never made it down there since. Instead of doing that we decided to buy a digital piano with the flight money. I've never regretted that decision. We purposely chose to get a piano that wasn't so nice that we would never want to replace it with the real deal. I've not regretted that decision either and yet I've thoroughly enjoyed the piano we have had for the last eight years. 

Last night a friend posted on a group page that she was giving away her piano. You better believe I jumped all over that. She had been given her mom's piano and was giving away hers that is still in good shape. I'm over the moon about it. We're picking it up tonight. I can't wait to have the new to us piano in our house. 

This is a pretty stressful phase of life for my family. I'm ping ponging between doing great and being really stressed. This month in particular has been financially taxing. But yesterday I felt so blessed as this opportunity to get this piano popped up and I also determined that as a result of some extra money earned we can cover all the unexpected costs that came up. It's nice to feel taken care of even when this spot we're in is hard. 

No comments: