But then mid afternoon came and things started picking up. And picking up. And picking up. It got super windy and the rain ramped up. The power started to flicker a bit. Bill came home from work and had the trash cans on the Jeep trailer hitch thing from emptying them at the dump and he had lost one of the lids. I headed out about dinnertime to see if I could find it. I did find it but it was beat up quite a bit and pieces broken off of it. When I got out to get it off the side of the road I got blown around quite a bit. There weren't any downed trees in my neighborhood but so many limbs and just tree debris.
The evening got pretty exciting. I asked Bill to tether our trampoline to the nearby tree because it really looked like it might take flight and the van was too close to it for comfort. Watching the trees was nerve wracking. We have a few trees in my front yard that are alive now but I expect to die soon because I think they have beetles. We had one taken out just last week, which I'm very grateful the timing worked out so well on that. Anyway, those trees aren't in the best health so I worried they would come down, but they ended up weathering the storm well and only dropped small branches, pine cones, and loads of needles. The power turned off and then on again after about ten seconds each time all throughout the evening, but never went all the way out.
Really, it went about as well as I could imagine. We woke up this morning with power and no real damage and I no longer feel jipped missing the storm, lol. 😜
![]() |
| Enjoying the cooler weather Sunday at the Botanical Garden before the storm came. |

No comments:
Post a Comment