Monday, November 13, 2017

mid November

Genevieve loves to draw. Tonight she decided she should draw portraits of Bill and me. She's five. I'm so impressed with her details. 
 My favorite parts of this picture? Bill's red beard, eyelashes, blonde curls, fingernails. He looks kind of like Owl from Winnie the Pooh, hahahaha! Oh, and all the swirls in the background that are in glitter pen. She said she wanted to pretty much the picture.
 And my favorite parts of my picture? The Clemson Tiger paw on my shirt, my lips, the curly hair. It's so fun to see her developing interests and being good at things.
 The library put on a fabulous activity where we went and built cars and then watched the movie Cars 3. It was fabulous. I left Chloe at home with Bill but the other three went and had a great time.

 Genevieve was so much happier about hanging on Chloe's swing than Chloe was, haha! Chloe just wanted her to keep pushing her.
 Oh Chloe. You are such a climber. This is your life: finding whatever you can climb and getting higher. She can push chairs around now and climb up on them. She loves standing on the table. Half the time she sits in a big chair at the table because she loves everything about begin big. Her bed is a pack n play and while she's only 16 months old I don't doubt she'll figure out how to climb out of it long before she's really ready to have a big bed. Then again, it's not a big fall if she does, so she may get to stay in there anyone once she figures that out, but I am currently making a new bed for the older kids so that the toddler bed came be open for her when that time comes. I'm fairly certain it will be before we finish the PhD. Good times.

I wake up early every morning and transcribe before the kids wake up and through them getting ready for school. Bill wakes them up and runs pre-school prep. The older kids all grab a blanket and come out and snuggle on the couch. Chloe almost always wakes up and comes out too. Bill changes her diaper and brings her out and lets me kiss her first, then she hops down and starts wandering. This morning all three other kids started trying to entice her to come kiss them. She got this little smile on her face and headed straight for Genevieve. Those two are so cute together. I had to convince her to go see her brothers and she offered her cheeks to them like the little queen she is waiting for her faithful subjects to kiss her. This girl. She is going to be trouble forever and I don't even care. She is the cutest.
I got Chloe and Aaron some ice cream while we were at Hochstetlers this week. Chloe was too cool to sit at the same table as us until she realized the ice cream actually tasted good. Then she was all over hanging out with us.

No comments: