He's reading Harry Potter. He's finishing up book two. I'm not convinced he's reading every page, but he's happily whiling away hours and it makes my heart flutter. Creating lifelong readers is one of my favorite parts of this stage of parenting.
Finished this quilt top aside from the outside border. I need more white for that. This was easy but fun to do create the pattern. Bill helped me with the fabric placement. And so rewarding as the lines turned out straight. You can't see that until it's all sewn together so there's a good bit of faith involved, hoping this very geometric design won't look all soft cornered and skewed. But it worked out nearly perfect.
This is the month of movies in the park and the kids are loving it. This week was Trolls. We've heard a lot Trolls songs floating around the house and Trolls jokes.
Illicit stealing of big sister's jewelry while she was at school. 😁
And the big news is Chloe is potty training. I never would have attempted it this young except Aaron potty trained himself at barely two. She's showing all the signs, so we're doing it and it's going very well. She loves her underwear and doesn't like it wet. Perfect combination. And she takes her diaper off on her own, wet or poopy, so it's kind of a necessity. Bill walked in on a happily asleep bummed baby naked this morning, nighttime diaper discarded. Her bed was damp but not too bad. I guess we're upping the stakes to no diapers at night too. Wheee! Hopefully next week I'll have excellent news to report.
I've made 20 of these pinwheels for Activity Days Recognition Night this week along with a number of other things. It's going to be a fun night.
Teacher Appreciation gifts. I used some leftovers from the above pinwheels to make little ones for these plants and sent along some tissue as well for their classrooms. It was an easy gift!







No comments:
Post a Comment