This is her laying on a heating pad. She had a fever for like seven days.
We sold the Jeep this weekend. It kind of feels like giving away your best friend. We loved that car for so many years and wanted to keep it forever, but it just really had too many problems this last year and so we parted ways. Currently we're in this zen state of only actually needing our van, so we're dreaming of new cars but not actually in the market. It's a novel place to be. We've required two cars for our entire first ten years of marriage, but for now we don't need that second car. Very cool.
I got a bunch of new plants this week. I used to have tons of house plants but through the various moves we've had in the last five years and lack of space in our house in South Carolina, I got rid of all of them. I'm building them back up now and it makes me happy. I have six in my living room now and I have my eye on a couple big ones that I don't have a clue where I would put but I want them anyway.
Bill and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Friday by staying at home since Bill had the flu and Chloe was also still sick. That's life! Haha! We actually have plans to do a staycation while a friend watches our kids overnight, but that will have to wait a couple weeks. Bill made this delicious dinner though, even though he was sick. He's the best.
On Saturday I took three kids with me to Spencer's basketball game and Bill stayed home. Genevieve stayed with him and this is what she did for most of the three hours I was gone. Found random places to sit to read our Calvin and Hobbes books. I love it!
We got a new mattress earlier this month and I cut up the old mattress into squares and made a bunch of floor cushions plus two tri-fold futons. I used all the fabric I had in random colors that was big enough to cover a cushion. So they don't match at all and the kids have claimed their favorites.






No comments:
Post a Comment