It's hard to have your world turned on its ear. It's hard to not know where you're going to live in two weeks or two months, where your kids are going to go to school. It's hard to be looking around for a new place to work and a new area to settle in because there aren't a lot of ready options here, so we expect we'll have to move. We made this our dream and it feels like it got ripped out of our hands when just 18 months ago everything fell perfectly into place to get us here.
Something will work out. Bill has a strong resume. People are looking at it and interested. We just have this feeling of homelessness again. We had chosen to make this home and it feels like a rejection in a way. I wonder where the new home will be. I hope we figure it out fast. Heck, maybe it will still be here. Who knows. This job hunt is young.
I cut Aaron's hair this weekend for the first time since quarantining in March. He looks good!
Aaron got hit with a very random stomach bug on Sunday. He woke up throwing up and threw up so many times until he took a nap in the afternoon and it's like it never happened. He ate everything in sight and has been fine since.
I've run out of projects and hobbies and so I finally picked a new quilt pattern with the help of my mother-in-law this weekend. I'm making two quilts. One for me, one for Bill. In the summer our duvet gets too hot and we usually switch to a single quilt each. But we don't have matching ones. So I'm making on in turquoise and white for me and one in dark purple and white for Bill. Those are our current favorite colors. I haven't decided yet what pattern I will put the squares in. This was just a test square, but maybe it'll get put into the quilt. We'll see.
We spent the weekend at our cousin's house and they have the best climbing tree. We had nerf gun battles and played outside and it was so nice to hang out with family. We haven't spent time with much of anyone since March, so it's such a treat to be together. And now, since we may be moving, it seems like I want to hang out way more because oh my gosh, how did we not take enough advantage the last 18 months??





1 comment:
I'm so sorry Jolena!! I know that feeling and the anxieties associated with it and it's awful!! Keep those moments of peace in your heart, they are what kept me going when Keith got laid off. Prayers for all that you can get settled before too long! Hugs!
Post a Comment