Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Slow week

We mostly stayed home this week. It's just a slow week in January and with Omicron raging, I'd just as soon not be in huge groups and around a lot of people. Plus I'm still job hunting, so that factors into what we do as well. So we mostly stayed at home and relaxed and it was not bad at all. Chloe's kindergarten is half day, so she is often home by herself with me in the afternoon. She knows how to live her best life. She's always finding super comfy places to lounge. This day she got our new slow sled out that I grabbed at Costco last month to make a cozy spot by my door while I was working on my computer. 
Watching a show near daddy working, thus the headphones. She stayed here for a long time. I would have too if I was that cozy!
I bought a couple new plants and got a couple new pots as well this week. I love them all so much. Plants make me so happy. 
I finally got myself an orchid! Chloe helped me pick it out. She shares my love of the color yellow, so no surprise what color orchid we picked. 
We went to a car show yesterday with Grandpa. I didn't know anything about it, and I thought it was going to be just old cars, which I thought would be plenty of fun, and they had some of those to look at, but actually it was a bunch of new cars and Bill and I have been idly shopping for a new car or two for ages. It turned into a bit of a car shopping morning, which was great. I don't really want to drive my van everywhere when I'm usually by myself or with one or two kids. And Bill's car, our cute lil Scion xB, which is approximately one million years old and has 210,000 miles on it, will one day die and we'll have to replace it. No signs of it yet, but best to be ready when that day comes. 

One of the activities there was a car race. The kids made lego cars and raced down a track. Chloe won repeatedly. Good times. 

Chloe told me that this was a black hole swallowing a brick of gold. Hahaha! No idea where she got that idea. I love it so much. 
I'm trekking along on my paint by number. I love it so much. I've never found a temple picture I wanted to buy in a bigger size, but I've always wanted one for my wall. This will be just perfect. It's 14x20 so biggish but not massive. I am going to put it on an easel on top of my bookshelf in my living room once it's done. 

 

No comments: