Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother’s Day



 It’s been a lovely Mother’s Day. A little heavy on the side of mothering as opposed to putting my feet up and relaxing. Not a bad way to celebrate, honestly! We woke up this morning to realize Aaron had gotten a case of poison ivy last weekend and we only just found out how bad it was. It was all over his legs and arms and even on his face. He’s been just treating it himself all week and we totally didn’t realize the extent of it or that it had happened. So instead of going to church and listening to the primary kids sing and going to Relief Society and what not, I took Aaron to instacare, confirmed the diagnosis, and for him some cream to help it heal and then came home and cooked a bunch of tortillas to prep for our lunch. Bill took everyone else to church and recorded the song they sang for me and for my giant candy bar, lol! He’s so great. He even sang with the nursery kids for me so they wouldn’t miss out.

We were going to go to the Herriman house to celebrate with Bill’s family, but we pivoted and hosted at our house instead, which is awesome too. Bill made carnitas and we had them on the fresh tortillas and watermelon and an apple cinnamon cheesecake I made last week and froze and it was just as good cold as warm last week! 

We had a lovely time eating and playing a game and watching a movie, and Aaron did this most of the afternoon. Poor guy needed the sleep to fight off the poison ivy. I’m glad we ended up staying home and having our family come over instead so he could sleep.   

Yesterday I had a girls night out with my mom and grandma and niece and sister and sister in law. So fun! We went to Texas Roadhouse and then to a concert for the Utah County Children’s Choir. Their youngest group sang a song Grandma wrote. So cool! We got Crumbl afterward. It was really fun. I love living near all of them! 

 

 

It’s been a great weekend.

Also, I should really stop being surprised, but I still can’t believe how I could have birthed twins 19 months apart, lololol. 

 

No comments: