It’s a little slim this week on photos. But we did have a big event for Aaron. He’s our first kid to start braces! I imagine all four will eventually have them, but he gets to blaze the trail. Kind of unusual as a third child to be the first to do something. It was just a tad rough while he was getting them on. The retractor they use to hold your mouth open really started to hurt him before they were done, but he got through it and now he’s the proud wearer of four braces on his top teeth to help a little with a cross bite and some other issues. He’ll have them for less than a year and then when he’s a teenager will likely do a second round.
We had a busy, busy Saturday with soccer games and a temple trip for me and Bill. We did manage to do a fire and roast some marshmallows at grandma’s house last night. That was fun.
And last big news is our ward split today at church. We’re now members of the 11th ward in our stake. That’s right, you read that correct, eleven wards in a stake. Typically they start looking to split a stake when you have ten wards. So I imagine it won’t be too long before we’ll see that as a big change at church as well. Bill and I previously had some very fun callings. I was the nursery song leader, and he came along to help. He was on the activities committee. As our new ward now has zero people in a calling save the bishopric, I imagine we’ll be getting calls for new callings in the coming week or weeks. I’m always up for a change, so this will be fun to see what new thing we get asked to do.



No comments:
Post a Comment