Sunday, November 6, 2022

Happy Halloween and Happy November!

We had a great Halloween this year. We went to a ward trunk or treat on Saturday. That's always fun. Chloe unexpectedly twinned with some of our friends from church so we had to grab a picture. 

Then I went and saw them Monday morning at their school Halloween parade. Spencer was an FBI agent. Genevieve a dragon. Aaron Black Panther. Chloe went as Belle. We had her wear clothes under hers because it was cold! We left for Disneyland and it was still summer here, came back and it was winter. Lolol. Typical Utah. I love the winter, which is good, since most places I've lived have had a really long one, but wooh, that was an abrupt transition this year for us. It was so weirdly hot all the way into October, but it's cold now!



And we had a fantastic time in the evening trick or treating. We did have a hiccup with Spencer. He made a fantastic plan with his friends to get pizza and QuenchIt drinks and then go trick or treating together. Except none of his friends showed up! This is a tricky age where kids make plans but don't tell their parents, and then they don't follow through very well as a result, but it's sad for us with Spencer because he's really exceptionally good at making plans happen and this isn't the first time something has fallen through like this. He rolled with it really well though and enjoyed his pizza and drink and then headed out on his own on his bike to trick or treat. He ran into other friends along the way, but he was a kid on a mission to get all the candy, so he only stayed with them for some of it. He got so much candy! I'm proud of him but also sad he had to go through that. 

We dropped Genevieve off at her best friend's house and didn't end up picking her up until like 10:30. She was living the weeknight Halloween life! We had planned to get her way earlier, but it's hard to say no when they ask to stay later and there's no real motivation to say no, lololol. She had the best time. I really didn't get a good picture of her in her costume, but she and her bestie made their own dragon costumes. They were so cool. They painted them and painted clothes to go with them and it was pretty amazing. 
Grandma Suzanne came over and we all three took Aaron and Chloe trick or treating down our street and then into the single family homes next to us where lots of our friends live. Fun was had by all! It was a great night. These are the kids' hauls. I didn't get a shot of Genevieve's since it was so late, but she got nearly as much as Spencer. Sodas and full size candy bars were favorites this year. We got hot chocolate, donuts, and hot dogs and some of the houses too. Our neighborhood is great!


I made this last Sunday! I haven't had a chance to quilt or bind it yet, but I have two places I put table runners in my house, and I love having one for different seasons. I really love how this turned out. The fabric came from a fall fabric bundle Suzanne gave me several years ago that I haven't had a chance to make into anything. There's enough to make a full quilt left, honestly, so I may do just that this fall!
This is a piece of wood I'm going to make into a table to go under the window in my bedroom. My plants are on the windowsill and it's a tad cold for them there. Of course I planned to sand and cut it yesterday and it was just windy and cold and I had no inclination to go outside after I worked out in the morning. But the vision I have in my head of it is going to be really cool. lolol. We'll see how long it takes me to get it done. It's a piece of cedar, and I'm just going to oil it as a finish once I sand it. I have hairpin legs waiting to make the table legs. 
It snowed this week and I just love the view out of my office window. I only am there once a week, but it's beautiful when I am. 

This was the drive up. 
Much better than out my home office window, lol. No complaining though. I love my home office. 
Aaron had his first day of karate on Tuesday. he's so thrilled to be starting this activity. he's the one in white in the middle. 
Genevieve picked this super fun shoes this week. I love her style. 
This is my one and only Thanksgiving decoration. I love it even if it's a little slim on the decorating. 
I made this table runner last year and backed it with this super pretty silver fabric Suzanne let me have. I love to use this back side for the holidays. 


 

No comments: