Sunday, November 27, 2022

It was a lovely Thanksgiving week

I've been on a table runner kick for a while. I've made a bunch of them this last month. This is my Thanksgiving one. I made it from a packet of fall fabric my mother in law gave me quite a while back. I'm contemplating making a quilt with the rest because there is so much leftover. 
I took the girls with me shopping the other day and we had to wait for a really long time to get fabric cut at Joann's. At one point Chloe told me to take a picture of her with this pretty flower. She's so cute. 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with my mom, grandma, sister and family, and niece and nephew. It was really nice. Grandma hosted and we stayed all afternoon and evening. Family is so great. 

We had a Thanksgiving round two on Friday at Bill's parents' house. Also fantastic. The food was amazing. The company better. This was Spencer and Genevieve later that evening, eating pie and watching shows. 
Our neighbors have this cute Santa outside their house. We went on a walk yesterday afternoon after the kids had binge watched TV for hours and hours and I wanted to get them out of the house. Again, Chloe says mom, take a picture of me! Always happy to do that. It snowed during our walk, which was magical. 
We walked to a park and played for a while. My kids may be getting big, but they all still fit on one of these swings!
I made a new set of place mats to go with a runner I made a couple months ago. 
And here's a few Christmas runners I made. 
I'm so incredibly pleased with how this one turned out. I found a picture on Pinterest and recreated it myself. The back is quilted and then I sewed the trees on top of it, so it has an embroidered look. Love it so much!

Thanksgiving was so early this year that I still feel like I have a bit before it's time to decorate for Christmas, but I think I'll put these runners out here sooner than everything else. I really love them. 

No comments: