What did we do this week? Why, decorate for Christmas, of course! Usually we cut down a Christmas tree that Saturday after Thanksgiving, but it felt really early this year, so instead we put up all our non-tree decorations that day. We went tree hunting yesterday instead, and got a cute lil tree for our house out east of Kamas. It was a fun trip.
Setting up the lego nativity.
Front entry way.
Living room bookshelf.
Dining room sideboard.
Dining room.
I put that picture of Santa in front of mine and Bill's pictures on our wall and I'm tickled by the dual meaning of that.
Living room.
There was plenty of snow where we went to pick a tree. We drove Bill's dad's truck just in case we needed to drive up snowy dirt roads, but that didn't end up being necessary. Lots of snow angels were made.
Plenty of general flopping in the snow.
And the kids helped carry the tree out. The spot for the tree in our living room is quite petite, so we opted for a narrow tree.
It fit perfectly in the truck! I adjusted it a little after this shot and was able to close it no problem.
And done and decorated! Suzanne and her sister and husband Marianne and Stan came over and helped decorate while Bill and I took Spencer to his first activity for Young Mens. It was a great Sunday.
Bill and I bought snowboarding helmets on Black Friday. Chloe wanted to model. I made some sugar cookies today and the kids helped me frost them. I didn't have any red food coloring, so that made it really easy, lololol. They had a great time and ate entirely too much dessert today. That's what December is for, right? And Halloween. And Valentine's. And basically like one holiday a month. lol. Good times.























No comments:
Post a Comment