Sunday, January 22, 2023

40 and 12 and 14



This week is a great week at our house. It’s Bill and my anniversary and then just four days later is mine and Spencer’s birthdays. It’s so much fun every year and especially in the depths of January when everyone else is struggling through winter and snow, we’re celebrating, and it really helps make this month awesome. 

Bill and I celebrated 14 years this week. We kept it pretty low key this year, but we had Monday off for Martin Luther King, Jr like we do every year, and so we were able to get away and get a treat and go shopping together and drove around looking at places we might like to live at some point down the road. We even bought a plant! Hahah! Anyone that knows me well, knows I love plants, and Bill loves me so he likes plants too. He picked this one and it’s cute. We went and tried a cupcake place. Was it good? Yes. Was it worth $6 a cupcake?  No. Definitely not. 😂 Did I enjoy every bite? Oh yes! 

I got some work swag this week. I like it! I really love my job and I hit my first anniversary there in a few weeks. It’s the biggest blessing in my life to have a job I love. I spent a solid 15 years at a job that checked a bunch of boxes but loving it was not one of them. Hat job was exactly what we needed for those years. This one is what I need now and I’m so grateful. 

Friday Bill and I took the day off to celebrate my birthday, and Genevieve’s teacher happened to ask me if I was an available to help that morning and I was! They did an Ellis Island activity where we basically made it really hard for the kids to get through the process to show what it was like to come to the U.S. back then. Genevieve dressed up so cute for it. It was pretty fun! 
That afternoon Bill and I went and got a couples massage and it was amazing! I’ve never done one of those before. So good. 

This is a big year for me and Spencer! 40 for me, 12 for Spencer. It’s always fun to share our birthday, but I can’t think of any future year that is so meaningful for both of us at the same time! 

We played hard on Saturday. I’m ramping up my half marathon training this spring. I ran 6.5 miles at 7am. I ran the first half by myself and met up with my run club to run the second half so I could get home sooner. I love these running friends! 

Then I headed home to my crew with some maple donuts. We had donuts and then made some German pancakes and bacon for breakfast and then headed out to adventure. 
We went to Yellow Fork Canyon and snowshoed up a ways with our snowboards, hoping to play around a bit with them. The powder was so deep that we totally couldn’t snowboard at all, but the snowshoeing was great and we had an awesome time! It was quite the adventure. We killed the battery on the way up on accident. We got stuck in the parking lot and a kind soul pulled us out with a rope. Neither thing took a lot of time. Good times. 









Spencer and I finished the night swinging by Crumbl for our free birthday cookie. My realtor hooked us on them and I definitely took this picture on purpose and then messaged it to him. 🤣 Yay for business turned friends. 

 It was a GREAT week!

No comments: