Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

We went and cashed in some Wendy's frosts coupons and got fries to go with them on New Year's Eve. That was fun! Might keep that as a future tradition. 

We went to Bill's aunt and uncle's house for our New Year's party. We had a tasty dinner, a white elephant gift exchange, and a small talent show. Bill played his base guitar. Spencer played his guitar. And Genevieve played her flute. Chloe was going to play the piano, but we didn't have the piano cord available to plug in. These are some of the toys the kids scored from the white elephant. 

Hitting pots and and to ring in the new year!

Spencer went into young men's at church today and got ordained a deacon! So excited for him! He's thrilled. My mom and Bill's parents and my brother braved the biggest snowstorm I've seen in years to come be there when he get ordained. It was only raining in Vineyard, but we had four inches of snow and another three fell during church and it's not stopped yet. The last time it snowed this much was when we had just moved to Seattle and all our family came into town for Spencer's baptism, lololol. 

 It's the snowiest new year I've seen in a long time! The snowiest snow at all! 








Genevieve wanted me to take a picture to show how curly her hair got from playing in the snow. She usually brushes it out, but she's got gorgeous waves once she figures out how to style them!

I'm working on a fall quilt. Obviously kind of late, but it'll be ready for next year!


And the basement finish has begun! Bill and I moved most everything up to our garage and moved all that wood down and I've done a little bit of framing. I got too precise with the piece for the bathroom wall and had to move it elsewhere because the plumbing outlets were in the way to get it set upright. Good times. There's always some trial and error when you first start a project. We're going to have one big room and then a bathroom as well down there. It's not huge, so it won't be too big a project, hopefully. I'm also building Aaron and Chloe a set of beds so they can get rid of their bunk bed. That will be fun when it's done too. 




No comments: