Bill and I got haircuts this week. He killed his post haircut photo way better than I did, but whatevs. Lololol. And I took this picture of Spencer, and Chloe photobombing, because he told me he does not actually want to grow his hair out long enough to put in a ponytail anymore. He wants to cut it all super short like Bill's! Woohoo! He's got an appointment scheduled for this Friday. He can wear his hair however he wants, but I'm quite partial to his short hair.
He got new glasses this week too. This is the selfie he sent me from the car after Bill Tok him to pick them up. They're red on the inside and sides, so they look pretty snazzy. He got ones that can go dark in the sun too, so that's also great. We'll see how well they work for soccer. I think it'll be helpful.
My training is still progressing pretty great for my spring half marathons. I ran 11 miles yesterday and on the last mile my friend, who happens to be a running coach, challenged me to speed up. So I did. And he, being a coach, took me all the way in, pacing me the whole way, so much faster than I ever run otherwise right now. It felt awesome! Too bad he's moving to Nashville in two weeks. It would be super fun to get coached and get fast again. I used to run like that back in my 20s, but I've never trained back to speed after having my kids. I'm planning to run two half marathons this spring, one in two weeks, one later in April. I've trained to run them sub two-hour pace. It's felt really good to get to that speed. I'd been running slower for a long time, nursing several injuries. I'm still fighting some glute and leg pain a bit, but I've been able to run through it, which is good. I'm contemplating whether I want to do some physical therapy again for it or not. It just takes so much time. But I would really love to solve the issues and move forward. We'll see.





No comments:
Post a Comment