Ya'll, I have the best family and friends. I just love them all so much. I did a few fun things with them this week. My grandma turned 80 last year and we weren't able to do anything much for it because of some lingering Covid restrictions. I decided to organize something for her this year. It turned out so fun. Me, my mom, grandma, sister, and niece all went out to Thai food and then went and made our own candles at a place called the Wick Lab in Provo. It was so fun. We really had a good time. I'm so glad we got to get together. My SIL wasn't able to make it and we missed her. I love having so many ladies from my family nearby. It's so special to be able to spend time together.
One of Bill's cousins and his family plus his uncle was in town this week. We got together for a little dinner and again, so, so fun. I love all my in-laws too. I married into a great family and it's really fun to hang out. Bill actually had a church men's activity he was in charge of, so he came for a few minutes and had to leave, but me and the kids stayed for a few more hours. Good times.
Happy half birthday, sweet Genevieve. You're so loved. 10 1/2 looks good on you.
And finally, a big shoutout to my run club friends. They really enrich my life! We had to take a picture in front of the delivery truck at Harmon's on Saturday. It looked so good. We are always excited to have new people come run with us. South Jordan Run Club. Come join! I ran ten miles Saturday. Felt great! Actually, my glutes and hammies are still getting pretty sore after my longer runs, but I'm still feeling strong and faster than I've run in years, as I'm doing some speed work with my friend in preparation for this year's races. I'd really love to figure out what causes my leg issues, and hopefully I'll get there, but even with that, the running is feeling so good and my energy levels so much improved. I've been tracking my eating for a few months now and it's made such a difference to tweak my nutrition. I eat a lot more protein now and I can tell! I'm really happy for all the success, despite some lingering leg issues. First half marathon in seven years is at the end of March, and then another end of April. I am planning to run the Big Cottonwood Race too in the fall. I haven't done any long races in so many years. It feels GOOD!







No comments:
Post a Comment