Sunday, February 26, 2023

So much snow

 It snowed so much this week. We probably got 15-20 inches when all was said and done. I've not seen anything like it in years in Utah. And it's supposed to snow again all week. There's still so much snow piled everywhere. Utah seems to be trying to get out of the 20-year drought in one season. I'm a fan of snow. Turns out I'm not a huge fan of so much coming at a time that it keeps me from getting outside to run. I missed my Wednesday morning run and we canceled our Thursday night run club run due to the snow. We ended up running through the streets in Daybreak on Saturday morning, which worked out pretty well. It's supposed to snow again all this week. It's a pretty crazy snow year!


I finished the two bookshelf headboards this weekend, mostly. There are going to be doors on each end for the kids to have a secret shelf they can put their stuff in, but those doors still need to be painted and the hardware attached. I'm working on the footboard and the side rails now, but they're really close to done. I like how they turned out! Aaron's is the purple one, Chloe's is the yellow. They asked me to paint their side rails green for Aaron and blue for Chloe, so I'll paint those doors those colors too to match a little. This is paint leftover from painting the rainbow stripe around their room, so it'll "match" sort of once we set them up in their room. I dunno about a green and purple bed, but maybe Aaron just really loves Joker and he doesn't know it yet, hahahaha. I think having those shelves is going to be so awesome for them though. I'm really pleased how they've come together. It was a little sketchy along the way at times, creating the design. But it all ended up working out and hopefully I can finish them this week. 

Then we'll maybe be able to tackle the next things in our basement that need building. We're still contemplating what work we'll do and what work we'll hire out for. At this point I think I'll hire someone to do the HVAC, electric, plumbing, and the taping/mudding/texturing once the drywall is hung, but we can hang drywall and paint and do trim and depending on if we do carpet or flooring, probably do that. I used to want to do it all, but now I'd rather just have a finished basement. Haha!





No comments: