Sunday, February 19, 2023

Happy Valentine’s!

Happy Valentine’s! We had a great day. Bill came home with beautiful flowers and chocolate covered strawberries and this super cushy pillow for a gift. 
My mom had one of these years ago and I always loved it. My kids have already decided it’s the comfiest place in the house now. 
I’m not that into Valentines boxes but I did facilitate my kids making their boxes. They all painted one, and I love how unique each one is. This ocean-themed one is Genevieve’s. 
Spencer made a castle. 
Aaron’s is on the left and Chloe’s on the right. 
I decided to build a couple new beds for Aaron and Chloe back at New Year’s time. I have been designing it as I go and I took a significant break from them while we finished framing the basement, but we finished that and haven’t planned out our next basement finishing plans, so I worked on one of these yesterday instead. It’s kind of slow to build when you haven’t quite decided how to do each part, but I finally got my head around how I wanted to connect everything. I used my new table saw for the first time in it too and I’m excited about that! It works great. The headboard just needs the back attached and then of course side rails and footboard. Then painting. The kids are so excited about them. 

 

No comments: