Sunday, February 5, 2023

We survived January


 This wasn’t a taking pictures week. I looked at my picture roll and I had a picture or two from my run club runs and FiA workout and I had this one picture. I switched to working two days a week in my office this week. I was feeling like I needed more connection to my coworkers and the rhythm of my office and I do like the change. It surprises me that with the option I have to work almost fully remote I would choose to change that to work more in my office, but this new world of hybrid work is ever changing and for me this is seems like it will work better. So Bill and I are figuring out our new schedule making sure all our parenting needs are covered too. It’s such a huge blessing that we both have jobs with the flexibility to allow us to work full time and not need to have childcare for our kids. It’s a good phase of life to be in. 

So Tuesday morning I was headed out the door and Chloe handed me this paper she had just drawn. It says “I love you, mommy.”  I put it up in the wall or my office and it makes me smile every time I see it. I love that she created it for me just because she wanted to. She’s the sweetest little girl. 

My kids are growing up so fast. They’re so close together in age. Spencer is 12 and I feel the years flying by. We don’t have that many years left with him at home. But Chloe isn’t that young either. She’s turning seven this year! I can’t believe that my youngest is that big already. She’s a petite little thing, so I can pretend she’s still little, but the years are flying by. 

No comments: