Sunday, August 6, 2023

Girls Camp

 I went to girls camp this week. It was a really great week. I’ve been in young women’s several times before, but never had the flexibility to be there the whole time. I’ve come up just for a night or a day or so because of family or work obligations. It was really nice to be able to get away for the whole four days. 

One day we did a high ropes course. It was so fun. I love taking groups to these because it’s so team building. The girls learned so much. They faced some fears and cheered each other on and learned to work together. It was so good all around. We did this vertical jungle gym that was super fun. I crossed these hanging balls that took so much core and quad strength. I haven’t used my muscles like that in a long while and my quads are still sore. 
This is the girls celebrating when one of them made it through. Such good friends!
This is how camp looked most of the week. Stormy! It rained so hard every night, plus an hour or two in the evenings. We said a lot of prayers that we’d be able to do our activities, and we were able to! We did the ropes course, hiked Stewart Falls, and swam at Tibble Fork Reservoir. Our tents kept us dry. I did get soaked to the skin not once but twice putting up tents and the heavens opened up and dumped on us. It was an adventure. 
Stewart Falls. 

So many beautiful views. Utah is such a gorgeous place. While the rain was tricky, I loved it so much. We can never get enough rain. Although some of my neighbors’ basements flooded, which is awful. But it feels like Utah May really be moving towards getting out of the 20-year drought if this keeps up. I would love that. 



No comments: