Sunday, September 3, 2023

Happy 11th Birthday, Genevieve!

This cutie turned 11 this week. She was so happy that we got her an iPad and pen to draw with. She’s been wanting to branch into digital drawing and art and didn’t have the tools to do it we got her a few generation’s old iPad as an entrance into it, and she is thrilled beyond belief. 
We let her light her own cake candles. With a torch, lol. It melted the candles a bit if she strayed too low. I made what turned out to be a delicious burnt sugar cake, but the frosting was pretty soft to start so I just let it run over the cake and drizzle down the sides. Not the most beautiful presentation, but so delicious. Genevieve still loves pandas and that’s what she picked for her cake topper. 


Of course she had to try out the distortion tools in the picture app. Who hasn’t done that?? πŸ˜‚


Bill put his face as the desktop picture as a joke. I caught her reaction when she logged in. 😍 Perfection. 

She made her own Harry Potter letter and snagged Chloe’s Halloween costume witch hat for the occasion. 
And this is now how she’s to be found most of the time. Drawing on her iPad. 
Last Saturday I took Chloe to a cute little play place at Gardener Village. We had a free pass to it on our get out pass. It’s way too small for our kids and would have been a serious ripoff if we’d paid to go in, but it was fun for like five minutes and then she and I window shopped at Gardener Village for awhile longer. The park was good for toddlers. Just not seven year olds or older. 

I finished my fall quilt I made earlier this year and a Christmas runner. 

I really love doing the machine quilting and really love that my mother in law has a long arm quilter and let’s me use it. ❤️❤️❤️
We had a bbq last night at Bill’s parents’ house. I caught this shot of Chloe in the hammock, snacking on some corn on the cob. 
Oh and last but not least, I bought Spencer some new dress shoes yesterday after he told me his were too small. He’s jumped right into men’s sizes this year! These are size 8! His feet are officially bigger than mine. 
And don’t worry, after we bought these, we headed next door and bought him some new pants too that aren’t a few inches too short. He’s growing! Maybe someday he’ll even wear matching socks, lololol. 

No comments: