Monday, September 11, 2023

Revel Half Marathon and Rock Climbing

 In no particular order, a bunch of my half marathon photos. It was a great race! The temps were good. I ran with my running friend Diane. She was fantastic! We've run a lot of trail runs together but never raced and turns out she's an awesome race partner. We stayed together until mile ten, when I pulled a bit ahead. We finished within two minutes of each other. It was perfect. She trained on hills, so she's fine today and I'm still hobbling around, haha! I put the miles in, but not on downhill courses. 



There were a few of us that rode up on the bus together. Always fun to have friends at the start. 
And we met up at the end as well. This race was so well put on. I really have no complaints. It was really fun. And I got a five-minute PR! So cool. I realized as I was running it, that I've never run a canyon half marathon in Utah. I ran a few downhill marathons back in the 2000s, but I ran my first half in South Carolina, so I've never run one of these super fast, downhill courses that Utah is somewhat famous for in the running community. It's going to take a bit for my quads and hip flexors and hamstrings to work normal again, but wow, flying down the mountain is pretty amazing. 











On Labor Day earlier this week we went rock climbing with Bill's business partner and family. We are becoming super good friends with them! Bill and I used to rock climb together before we had kids, but we've not done it in years. We still have some gear, but it's been long enough that we actually are replacing harnesses and rope because they've aged out of their useful life. Turns out my kids LOVE rock climbing! We went to Maple Canyon and ended up staying until dark. We got home at like 10:30 on a school night, haha! We'll definitely be doing more of this. 









Got a couple family shots before our friends arrived. 









No comments: