Sunday, February 11, 2024

Funeral and other things

We had the opportunity to travel to Las Vegas last weekend to attend Bill’s grandpa’s funeral. He passed away at 93, and we have had so many years of wonderful times with him. It’s sad to say goodbye, but it was a wonderful time with so much family we only see occasionally. I’m so glad we have the proximity and the financial ability to be at these events. We loved our time in the South and Washington, but really appreciate living closer to both of our parents and some grandparents too. And I for one am so grateful Bill still has grandparents alive. All but one of mine have been gone for many years and years and he’s had more around until a little more recently. It’s so precious to have them around. 



Just a fun picture of Spencer and Genevieve. Genevieve is a full blown Swiftie now. 😍
And here’s a late night photo I snapped to show just how close she is to my height. This is the year she’s going to pass me and probably Spencer too!  
Spencer and Bill went hunting again Saturday morning. And got skunked again. Wah wah! 
While they were hunting I headed out on a super fun mountain run. There’s a trail conservation group that hosts a loop run at Yellow Fork Canyon every year. It’s a seven-mile loop over one of the summits up that canyon and back down. I got to use my yak trax for the first time. We had a great time. I’m so sore this morning after running the seven miles on snowy trails. I had to work really hard not to fall on the really uneven snow. That’s my kind of a good time. 😂 It was so flipping cold at the summit. We all look like goofs in this picture because the snow was blowing so hard! 
The views were breathtaking. 



 

No comments: