Sunday, October 26, 2025

Fall Break

 I took most of fall break off. I had some budget work to do, but the rest of the week I was able to be off, which was really lovely. We mostly stayed home, but we did get our one day with Grandpa Doug to go on a hike on Antelope Island. For all the years I’ve lived in Utah, I’ve never gone to Antelope Island, which seems pretty ridiculous. We had a great time. We summited one of the mountains there. It was steep and fast, but fun. 


Bill and I have been working on a couple home projects. One, our storage room turned exercise room. Two, built in shelves in our under the stairs Harry Potter closet. I got a ton of progress done on the shelves. This was an amusing trip to Lowe’s for some trim. I could have driven the van, but I took my car instead and ended up getting 12-foot long trim. I made it work. Hahahaha!
The detail work is all that is left for this section. 
Yesterday was another band competition. I helped out moving props and ended up on the field holding one of them to make sure it didn’t blow away. This competition was at American Fork HS. It had quite the beautiful view from the stands! 
A few shots from behind the prop. 

Spencer is in the middle tower. I love their show so much. They haven’t gotten as high of scores as they feel they deserve, but they’re putting such good work in and it’s incredible to watch. They bumped up this year into the highest, most competitive division, so the competition is intense. It’s so cool that we have this opportunity by virtue of the high school we attend. 

No comments: