Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Turning over a new leaf, or resurrecting an old one

Bill and I are a pretty active couple. Well, we usually are. While we were engaged we got kind of lazy. There were so many things to plan and so many commitments, that we just stopped planning extra things to do for fun and just kind of let life lead us along for a few months. We've been married for a month-and-a-half now, though, and we've spent the last couple weeks getting back into the groove of our active and more disciplined lifestyle.

Here's a few of the things we've done of late.

1. Started training for the St. George Marathon. It's my fourth, Bill's first, and I don't think I can really call myself a Utah Marathoner unless I've run this race, Boston Marathoner or not. Cross your fingers that we get picked to run it in May when they have the drawing.

2. Mostly finished decorating our apartment. We still have some pictures to put up from our wedding, but we picked out our duvet cover for our bed, hung some pictures, and outfitted our kitchen as much as we're going to at the moment.



























3. Went mountaineering with our friends the Johnsons a weekend ago. We hiked/snowshoe'd up a good majority of Lone Peak. We shoe-skied half the way down since it was so steep. It was tons of fun.












4. Hiked to Stewart Falls from the Aspen Grove Trailhead last Friday night. We had a busy day/evening, so we didn't get up there until 9:30pm and got back to the car at midnight. As we were leaving, a car of college guys drove up and started the hike. They were about as ill-equipped to hike it as you can be as it's still super snowy and icy up there. They had weak sauce shoes on and hardly any coats and just big flashlights to see. Bill and I seriously wondered if they'd make it back safe, but I didn't hear anything so I think they must have been fine.

5. Saturday we went shooting with Vince and Megan, Bill's brother and his fiance and after our stake conference that evening went out to Tucano's for dinner. What a fun trip! Vince has lots of guns, so we had a great time shooting out on the other side of Utah Lake.





















It feels good to be active again. I hate feeling lazy and unproductive. I'm not working full-time anymore, as of the first of the year, so it's been nice to have the chance to sleep in a lot and have a more relaxing lifestyle. I'm happy to be speeding up the pace again though. Now if I can only get the letter from BYU saying (cross your fingers) that I've been accepted into my grad program, things will be just about perfect.

No comments: