Sunday, May 3, 2009

Seriously amazing friends

Last week didn't start out so well, what with not going to Cancun and trying to figure out what to do with ourselves and what to do for a honeymoon instead of the one we had cancelled. 3 of my roommates from right before we got married were the ones that brought Bill and I home from the airport Sunday night. Bill got a text from one of them, Saundra, sometime during the week to set aside our Friday night for something she had planned. I promptly forgot about it, and only remembered Friday when Bill said we needed to be at my old apartment right away.

So we drove over and walked in the door to find the front room completely transformed into a "restaurant" for two, complete with candles, sparkling cider, and our friend Dan serenading us on his guitar. Saundra and Sarah acted as our servers as well as another friend from the ward Trevor. It turns out they had made this wonderful dinner for us and served it to us. It was all so incredible, that I couldn't believe when they brought us the "check" (a red paper folded in half with a note in it), what it said. They had gotten together and bought us a night's stay at this adorable bed and breakfast in Provo and sent us on our way over there as soon as we were done with dinner. These are some pictures of the room we stayed in. It was called the Whispering Willows room, and was beautiful!

What an amazing night! Bill and I don't have a clue how to thank them enough. I really think it's the nicest thing that's ever been done for me and Bill agrees it's the same for him. We did the best we could by making some delectable mango rice to share with them tonight and writing a thank you note, but how do you really thank people that are that caring and go to so much effort to give you a lift and a good memory? They went so beyond the call of duty that I almost started crying on the spot when I saw their note to us out of pure gratitude. I really do wish there were something more I could do to express my appreciation.

2 comments:

bekahjr said...

wow, what incredible friends you have! You deserved it though (=. So far I am loving the book you sent! Also, I love mango and sticky rice, will you post the recipe. In fact, we were thinking of making some tonight for FHE, but I just got a recipe off line. I would love yours. You can also email it to bekahjr@hotmail.com

Alyssa said...

how sweet is that?

why'd you have to cancel? sad.