Sunday, May 17, 2009
Take that St. George!
So Bill and I signed up for the St. George marathon, hoping to make it into the lottery, but we didn't. So instead we're going to run this race on the 5th of September. That's right. We're heading of our own volition to Pocatello, ID to run a marathon. We figured, if we couldn't get into St. George, we might as well get something out of the race for our trouble. :) This race was selected "Best $chwag" by Runner's World a few years back. Which if you're like me and don't know what that means, it's known as the race that gives out the most goodies to its participants. We'll walk away with a technical shirt, a duffle bag, a finisher's medal and certificate, various goodies in our duffle bag, and to cap it off, a bag of potatoes. I find that utterly hilarious. It should be a good time. I'd like to run marathons, or at least races, in as many states as I can, so this spreads my repertoire to include Utah, Massachusetts, and now Idaho. I have a few more to go. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Poky! Glad we're known for something. : )
A bag of potatoes...too funny.
Good luck
Post a Comment