Bill and I, he especially, have been pining after all the adventures we want to go on but don't have time for at the moment because of the busy, busy school schedule. We finally were able to get out Saturday and go snowshoeing, and it was awesome! We're both super out of shape, seeing that since our marathon in September we've run maybe 3 times. Oops! I don't know if I can begin to describe all the busyness of school, so I won't even try. Suffice it to say that we have four more days of finals and projects and then we're free for Christmas Break!
Being so out of shape, we decided to tackle Squaw Peak, since it's not very long. We woke up Saturday morning to more snow and a huge storm over the mountains, but since Squaw Peak is right on the front of the mountains and I've been up there before, we felt okay about it. It's been bitterly cold all week, around 0 degrees most mornings, so the snow hasn't had time to melt, it's just been piling up.
Here's a few pictures of our hike. We ran out of time to get to the top, so we stopped at the meadow right below the last little ascent and then headed back. We had a ward Christmas party to get back to with an amazing dinner. Just couldn't miss it!
These are in the meadow at the top. You can kind of see how much snow was coming down.
Bill sporting the balaclava. I wish I'd had one with all the wind, despite it making you look like a bank robber. :)
4 comments:
Watch out for the scary hands sticking up out of the snow at you!!
These are great! I loved the 2 times I went snow shoeing last winter. I'd love to pick it up. Maybe sometime in the future. Thanks for posting pictures.
I'm becoming interested in snowshoeing...I'm so glad you two got a chance to have some outdoor fun!
If I may make a suggestion--you two should live in Alaska!! All the snow, and climbing and boarding and shoeing, you both are amazing! You and Vanefferson have got to get together, and even Miriam is getting the "I want to go hiking and be outdoors!" bug lately! Keep posting on your blog, I love reading them!
Love Mom
Post a Comment