I was having a bit of a meltdown Monday afternoon as I realized we were in the month of April and neither Bill nor I had a summer internship yet and things weren't looking promising. Right about that time I got a phone call for a job interview at UVU in their athletic compliance office. I had totally forgotten about it and was so excited to get the call! I'm not joking maybe five minutes later I got a text from Bill to check my email. What do I find? An internship offer for him to work at Southwest Gas in Las Vegas this summer! Woohoo! It couldn't get much better. We decided a couple months ago that we really wanted to go to Las Vegas for our internships this summer, but then the internship Bill thought he had fell through and Las Vegas has a super high unemployment rate, so things didn't look good. So we widened our search and sent applications to places in Colorado, Idaho, California, and Utah. Then a couple weeks ago he got a call from someone at SW Gas asking to interview him. He had sent an email inquiring about internships a while before that and apparently his resume got passed around and picked up by someone else. He interviewed over the phone and two weeks later they offered him the job. Yay for Bill!
So I canceled my job interview, but they called me back a little later that day and asked me to come in anyway to interview, as they would be willing to work with me to maybe intern in the Fall/Winter if they picked me as the candidate. The interview went really well, and honestly, regardless if I get the job or not, it just feels good to have someone want to change things around to work with me. It really made me feel valued.
So anyway, we have sold our apartment contract, and we're heading south after school ends. I cannot wait! Bill's family lives in Henderson and it will be so fun to be near them for a few months. I'm not a huge fan of the crazy heat, but maybe it'll grow on me. Either way, things turned out perfectly and this is going to be a great summer. Now I just need to find an internship or job there.
4 comments:
Congratulations on the internship and the interview! And I'm super glad you didn't have trouble selling your contract, either, since housing is such a pain right now.
Awesome awesome awesome! I'm so happy for you two! Plus, this means free housing, right?
Awesome! Good luck finding a job!
Sure does! Or something very cheap at least. Yay!
Post a Comment