I'm currently sitting in my in-law's living room wrapped up in a blanket. It is freezing here today! Well, freezing in Henderson terms. We went to a friend's wedding reception last night and I wished I had a jacket. It was so windy and cold. I just checked and it is 63 degrees outside. That's insane! It was 95 degrees just three days ago. I'm definitely not complaining. I do think you get used to the heat really fast though. 95 really doesn't feel too bad these days. We'll see how it goes at 20 degrees hotter than that.
Bill finished two of our three living room tables last night. I built both of them, and did most of the staining part, but he finished it off. He has taken over the staining and polyurethaning of our furniture building for the summer. I build it, he finishes it. It works pretty well. :) Here are the two tables we built, one coffee table and one end table. I love them! Bill is going to do the other end table all himself, so that will be finished sometime later in the summer.
Next on my list are four chairs and two night stands for our bedroom. Bill's parents are letting us take an old kitchen table they have. It's really good quality, but not the color we want, so it's going to get stripped and refinished too this summer. Should be awesome! I think that's going to be the end of the building for now. I'd really love to build a storage bed, but I don't want to transport it back to Utah at the end of the summer and even though it's way cheaper than buying one, the wood will still probably cost around $200. We have other things to spend that money on these days. I'll have to find something else to fill my time after I'm done building those. I'm sure it won't be that hard. :)
2 comments:
They look great! Good job!
Like the tables. And . . . I drove to work in 33 degree weather, and it's been snowing/raining/sleeting all morning here. 63 degrees sounds pretty good to me!
Post a Comment