Thursday, May 6, 2010

Catchup

I've been meaning to blog for weeks now but I kept forgetting and then my pictures wouldn't load and we didn't have internet set up in our house until this weekend so I just haven't gotten to it. Bill and I arrived safe to Henderson a couple weeks ago and it's been so fun the last couple weeks setting up our little house. Bill's parents are letting us live in their little rental house for the summer, and it is fantastic! We are going to be so spoiled when we move back to a small apartment in Provo. A few days after we got here we headed down to Disneyland for a family vacation. I have another post coming especially about the trip.

Now we're back in Henderson and Bill has started his summer internship. I'm still working on what I'm going to do this summer. I will try to do an internship of sorts with Henderson City, and I just applied for a parks and rec position too. I don't know if that will pan out, but it would be way fun if it did.

Here's some pictures of our cute house.The outside isn't super exciting, but hopefully by the end of the summer we will have brought the grass back to life and made the yard a little nicer.This is the living room. The three couches came with the house so we won't be taking any of those back to Utah.
This is the dining room or really our second living room. The love sac is super fun. When we got here it smelled not so great, but we washed the cover and left it outside for a few days and then worked the magic of Febreeze and now it's fantastic! We do plan to get some real kitchen chairs. That might actually be one of the things I build this summer.
This is our incredible kitchen. I've never seen so much cabinet space in my life. I actually have an empty cupboard or two. It's amazing. I'm really going to miss this when we go back to Utah.
This is our office/random storage space for things we don't have shelves for since we left those in Utah. :) It works. Thanks to the in-laws for letting us borrow the table for a desk this summer.
This just might be the coolest room in the house. I was out of town this weekend and Bill set up our projector and speaker system. The speakers on the foot of the bed are slightly problematic for Bill since he's tall enough to actually hit them, but it's pretty fantastic to have a big screen and a comfy bed to lounge on while watching our movies with surround sound. I promise we'll move the speakers if anyone comes down to visit and needs a place to sleep. :)
And of course our bedroom. I think the best part of this room is that it has a ceiling fan. The previous owners put one in every room save the kitchen and I love it! It's been in the 80's and 90's here most of the time and I haven't had to turn on the AC yet because of those wonderful fans.

When we got here we bought some new plants and I had so much fun potting them and moving my other plants around. It's the closest I get at the moment to the garden I will have as soon as I have a place to put it. I'm going to start building some furniture from this absolutely amazing blog I discovered a few months back called knockoff wood. These are what I'm planning for the moment:

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2009/11/plans-simplest-nightstand-retail-299_9836.html

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/01/plan-hyde-side-table.html

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/01/plan-hyde-console-table-pottery-barn.html

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2009/12/plans-little-farmhouse-table-for.html

I need a few tools and a bunch of wood and then I'm going to get started! You should seriously go check out this site if you have any interest in do it yourself kinds of things. Bill is going to help too, but I have way more time at the moment so I may do a lot of the work at first. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you finally updated your blog! I love the rental house and am really excited to see the cool furniture you make. Good luck with a job and bringing the grass back to life. Hope to see some fun adventures soon!