Friday, July 23, 2010

An annoying symptom

Does being pregnant include having a headache EVERY DAY for anyone else?  I drink enough water, try to eat when and what I'm supposed to and it doesn't seem to matter.  I've always gotten headaches easily growing up so it shouldn't be a surprise to me, but it's getting old.

In better news, I finished the last coat of polyurethane on my last two kitchen chairs.  Inexplicably, the back rest on one of them is a little crooked.  No idea how that happened.  Yay for DIY!  Maybe that will be the chair that gets pulled out when we have guests instead of always being around the table.  I am so relieved to be done staining and finishing wood items.  I am not a fan!  It is really hard to finish a piece well.  I've heard painting is way easier.  Maybe I'll go that route the next time I feel like building something.  I didn't take pictures of the chairs, but I do have a picture of how our table turned out.  I love it.  The chairs match it and it looks great. I made a couple cute placemats with material I had left over from a runner, so I'll take a picture of the finished project with it all there and post it the next time I have my camera, am at home, and actually have internet. 

7 comments:

Tori said...

Yes! I got headaches with Katrina starting at 10 weeks, every single day, and they lasted for a month. Thankfully tylenol usually helped.

Jolena said...

I hate having to take medicine or feeling like it every day. I've never liked taking medicine, but feeling all needy for it totally bites!

Miss Snow said...

What kind of a headache? It may be normal but I'd advise your doctor.

And....staining....way more classy than painting....by far!!!!!!!!! And...in the long run.....way more worth it. Good on you! Looks awesome. Now....no more breathing in of those strong chemicals!

:)

Vanessa said...

I am so impressed with all the work you have done. All the pictures you've posted look so great. What a nice accomplishment for you to have actually made your furniture. Sorry to hear about your headaches :(

Rasmussen Family said...

I am the same as you and don't like taking medicine. I got bad headaches the first couple weeks of my second trimester and finally cured them when I started eating more frequently. Turns out I was trying to stick to 3 meals a day when I needed more protein and calories. So, try eating more:) I would snack on fruit, crackers and cheese, carrots, etc.

Kirst said...

I had the headache thing too. More so with Keith than with the others. A SHORT afternoon nap usually helped them go away, and if not then when they got unbearable I'd do the tylonol thing...looks like there's a few of us that try to avoid meds when possible. :)

Rachael said...

Okay, I'm really late on this, but I had awful headaches. Water helped a lot, and I took Tylenol very limitedly with my last two babies.

I have really bad headaches routinely, but since we quit eating meat and most dairy I haven't had a single one. I don't know if that will hold true in pregnancy, but it's been like night and day.