Friday, July 2, 2010
The Little Squirt is Active
I had my first real appointment with my OBGYN yesterday, and got to hear little squirt's heartbeat. So cool! The first thing the doctor said when his PA was trying to find the heartbeat was, "There it is! Oh wait, this kid is active!" No surprise there as Bill and I are the parents, but apparently the wee one was doing somersaults while we were trying to hear the heartbeat. Good times. It feels just slightly more real now. It amazes me how unreal it feels to be pregnant right now. I'm just feeling strange and sometimes nauseous and expanding in interesting directions. But that doesn't signal to me that I have a baby growing. Yesterday made it a little more real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know how you feel. It's always nice to realize, "Hey, there IS something there! It's real!" The best is when you start feeling them move. Then you're reminded almost every day that you have a little someone coming. What fun!
Hooray for a baby! Congratulations! So exciting! It felt surreal to me the whole time. Even when my belly began to expand and I felt her move, I still didn't think I was going to have a baby. =)
congrats on the baby! So, so excited for you!!
Post a Comment