Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Random Things

I haven't posted in a couple weeks because I honestly haven't thought of anything worth posting.  It's been a bit boring around here lately, but that's all good... Here's a few of those not too interesting things :)  :

1. I played the organ in sacrament meeting for the first time in four years on Sunday.  Loved it.  I kept sliding off the bench that was too high.  They always are. Skirts have no traction on them.  It might have helped if I had my organ shoes but I left them in Utah and my feet were a bit sweaty from nervousness.  Oops.  Sorry whoever played after me. :)  My playing could have been better.  I blame it on sliding off the bench.  Maybe I'll get called to be organist in my new ward in Utah if we are actually in a church.  I would love that calling.

2. I also taught Relief Society at church on Sunday.  It was the Jolena show all day for the ladies.  The lesson went well.  I love all the wonderful women in my ward.  I will not miss the heat, but I will miss how accepting and fun and lovable these women are.  Most of them are old enough to be my mother or at least a significantly older sister, but they are just fantastic.

3. I finished the table I posted about the last few times I blogged.  Sorry, didn't take a picture, but I will sometime.  It's beautiful.  I have one more coat of polyurethane to put on the last two chairs and then my carpentering plans for the summer will be complete.

4. I read the entire Harry Potter series in, I think, 5 days.  I definitely won't be able to do things like that any time soon after we go back to Utah. Two crazy semesters and a new baby might fill up my time just a bit. :)  Loved it.  Book 7 is much better than I thought the first time I read it.  I missed half of the interesting stuff that time because it had been too long since reading the others and I was trying to read it so fast.

5. Found out Bill's aunt is going to give us a bunch of her baby stuff.  Can I just say that is the nicest thing in the world?!  Thanks Debbie! 

6. Bill left the light on in the Jeep the other night and the battery died.  Oops!  The heat is not helping it come back to life.  We have jumped it a couple times, but it is still struggling to fully recharge.  Cross your fingers it's not dead. I'd rather not buy a new car battery, but we shall see.

7. Will be moving back to Utah exactly one month from today.  Have 2 trips planned there between now and then.  I'm so excited!  I will be sad to leave my ward and in-laws.  They've been wonderful to be around this summer.

That's about it for today.  Anyone know of any interesting things to do to pass the time that don't involve spending money, going outside in the 110+ weather, or internet? I'm running out of ideas.

7 comments:

Merry said...

Jo, a couple of recommendations: reading and writing. I am in the middle of reading a ton of Agatha Christie novels, and I'm loving the mystery! Also, I just started to write a dream journal. I'm not sure how long I'll keep it going, but it's fun for now.

Pretty Mahana said...

Definately reading. I've been blasting through books so quick, even with two kids on my heels. If you want any recommendations, I'm full of them. We're getting a lot of heat here too, plus humidity, but nothing as hot as you. Good luck! Just be grateful you're not obesely pregnant in that heat.

Rasmussen Family said...

I have been doing lots of needlework/handwork for the baby...it's good artistically and also is fun to try different projects and stuff.

Vincent Ashman said...

3 words: World Of Warcraft. Never be bored again :D

Megan said...

Build a crib!! and lol at vince's response...

Kirst said...

LOL World of Warcraft...such a boy response. And I love your projects. That table looks amazing.

As for bordom Anything you've been wanting to learn about, get better at, or try that you haven't yet? (Painting, buying a home, Crosswords, thrift store deals-finding, scrapbooking/cardmaking, low heat cooking, identifying birds or berries?...)read up on it and make it happen now, or it'll get put on the backburner for a while. Maybe find a list of classic liturature you haven't read that you would like to.

Kirst said...

My BEST IDEA...call a friend and chat...seriously call me anytime before 9:00pm EST