Bill came up with an awesome idea for celebrating Valentine's Day this year. He got the idea from a blog he follows. We did a little world tour via a 4-course meal he prepared for us Sunday night. It was fantastic! We had this tasty salad, which Bill and I decided was the best part of the whole meal. We'll definitely be making it again. He used to have this same thing when he was on his mission in Peru, and it reminded me of salads when I was in Russia. They didn't use any lettuce there, so salad was more a mix of vegetables.

The next course was grilled tuna steak over spinach. It was also really good, though the spices didn't come out nearly as strong as we expected. Then we had pork chops with another kind of spice on it. It had the same problem as the tuna, but it was really good anyway. The dish originally called for lamb, but we could not find any at the few stores we went to, so pork chops worked well as a substitute. We finished with a dessert of homemade vanilla ice cream and mini cinnamon rolls made from biscuit dough. Bill discovered how amazing those are last week when he made some biscuits for another dinner and used the extra dough for cinnamon rolls. They are divine and so much easier than raised ones. Those will also be on the menu in the future.
So Bill is pretty much the best husband ever. The first couple years of our marriage have been wonderful, and now that we have Spencer too, it's even better. Bill is a fantastic dad. He does so much to help take care of Spencer and it makes me love him all the more. Yay for families! And speaking of Spencer, here's a couple more cute pictures of him. Oh wait, all his pictures are cute. :) I'm not biased or anything.
 |
| He doesn't quite fit into this yet, but it was hilarious to try! Can anyone say A Christmas Story? |
 |
| Isn't that a fantastic hat? Bill's dad got it for Spencer, and it's my favorite. Whenever he's wearing it, when we get to wherever we were driving, it is always twisted around so the Y sign is over his ear or even farther back. So funny. |
 |
| Bill's aunt Ann got this blanket for Spencer, and it is wonderful! He sleeps like a champ under it. |
 |
| This is the quilt my sister made for Spencer. It is beautiful! Spencer seems to like it too. |
 |
| At the moment Spencer occupies this little place of honor at night. It's so much easier to nurse him at night when he's right there, and it's not like our bed isn't big enough. Hopefully he'll start sleeping a little longer at nights and then we'll move him to the pac'n'play or his crib. For the moment, he seems to be enjoying the memory foam. :) |
3 comments:
Yep, we totally did the co-sleeping thing too, despite my reservations about it before I had a kid. We did it for about 7 weeks, then I transferred her to the crib. The transition wasn't bad, except I got a lot less sleep! Getting up to go nurse is much more tiring than rolling over.
He's gorgeous. I am so not against the co-sleeping thing but if either of you are deep sleepers and roll over I wouldn't recommend it. I've heard of babies being smothered to death that way. Just be cautious.
Keep having fun!
~Natalie
What a cute baby you got, must be from the cute mom I know so well :) Keeping busy huh? Got any fun projects, as I am looking for fun things to make/do, until summer comes or I find out the sex of the baby-can't make anything without knowing that info.
Post a Comment