Monday, June 27, 2011

First time in 10 months

I kept my promise to myself and went running tonight!  I've put it off for two weeks, but it turned out that it felt great!  Well, my lungs kind of burned and I felt like all my body was stretching and getting used to all the bouncing around that goes with running, but it felt so good to be going somewhere fast.  I ran about 2.5 miles I'd guess in somewhere between 20 and 24 minutes.  So that's either a really good mile pace for the first time back out, or a not bad one with plenty of room to improve.  I need to actually look at my watch and remember what it says the next time I go.  Or use my stop watch on my iPod or watch.  You know, all that technology I love?  I should actually use it. :)  Ah well. 

I didn't stop either, except to cross a street that had a bunch of traffic.  That's one of the things I love about running.  I felt far from great out there, but I was able to push through and tell myself I'd run the whole thing.  It always gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I push through like that when I won.  Simple little pleasures.  I think Spencer is teething right now, and feeding him is quite the trial for the both of us at the moment, so it felt really good to run away from those feelings for a few minutes.  I completely agree with my friend Rachael when she commented on the good feelings running brings.  Here's to many more good runs and hopefully a little less pain in the lungs. :)

5 comments:

lizzie said...

Way to go! Glad to hear it went well.

Vanessa said...

Keep it up!

Rachael said...

Hurray for running again! Now just watch. You'll find that it gets more and more alluring the older (and louder) your kids get. Run another mile or go back to the yelling house? Let's make it two!! (Or maybe that's just me and everyone else is happy to go home...)

Jolena said...

Rachael, I'm pretty sure that's totally normal. That's how moms stay thin, right? :)

Jolena said...

Rachael, I'm pretty sure that's totally normal. That's how moms stay thin, right? :)