Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Prunes anyone?

We fed Spencer real food for the first time yesterday and then again today.  It was awesome.  He has been diving after anything we're eating for weeks now, so I thought it was about time he tried some of his own.  All I had to mix the baby cereal with was prune juice that he utterly refused to drink when we bought it a while ago.  Turns out if you mix it in cereal, it's a complete winner.  What fun!  I didn't get any pics today but here's a few from yesterday's first foray into the world of solid food. Oh, and it is very important to stick out your tongue while feeding a baby.  It makes it go better. :)
Hi, my name is Spencer and I have food all over my face
This eating is a serious matter!
I told Bill to smile.  This was what he did

4 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

fun milestone!

Megan said...

mmm prunes! you should check out annies-eats.net she has tons of baby food recipes that beats spending too much money for store bought food.

Jolena said...

thanks, Megan! That's a great resource.

Deb said...

Having meeting the little tyke in person, I say you give him WHATEVER he wants to eat : ) He is one smiley, happy baby!!! LOVE HIM!! Ok, you and Bill, too ; )