I babysat my downstairs neighbor's two girls this morning for a few hours. It was fun. And crazy. And hectic. I didn't get a single thing done until they left. It made me seriously wonder how it's possible to do anything with more than one child. Ready or not, here we come here soon enough. (No, that's not an announcement. :) ) We had a good time though. Then it was time for Spencer's nap and I cuddled with him for a bit reading a book beforehand and it was such a huge change from the chaos of the morning. It was just delightful. In the evening Spencer woke up from another nap just when Bill came home tonight, so we cuddled up on the couch and read the latest REI Christmas magazine ad while Spencer played with my hair and my eyelashes and the Christmas tree next to us all before noticing Bill. Then he got all excited and tried to grab Bill's glasses like he does nearly every time he sees him. It was totally normal and yet so idyllic. It reminded me of why I enjoy being a mom so much.
Spencer snacked on some Apple Jacks while Bill made dinner and I practiced some songs I'm playing for our Young Womens in Excellence on Sunday. He apparently prefers the green ones, as he ate every single on of them before touching the orange ones. I felt immensely proud of this for some reason. My 10-month old can tell the difference between colors already and has a preference. Oh, and he's not color blind. Why this fills me with pride I have no idea, but it does and I'm happy about it. :)
I love how such simple things bring me so much pleasure. I've had lots of years to do lots of things and my life has been exceptionally busy in past times. It still is, but I have enough time now to enjoy the little things and that is just great. Here's to more moments to remember how great life really is.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day!
Thanks for sharing these special little moments.
Post a Comment