Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tomorrow is one of those big days

There are a few major milestones in the PhD journey. Tomorrow is one of them. Bill defends his dissertation proposal to his committee at noon tomorrow. He turned in his qualification exam today. It's kind of a big deal. He is pretty confident it will go well. I am confident in him. But it's still a big deal and I will be happy when we are successfully past it, when he can officially call himself a PhD candidate, when he officially has his Master's degree under his belt at the end of this semester, and we are that much closer to finishing. His program has gone remarkably well the last two years, albeit with some hiccups here and there. Here's to that trend continuing on through the rest of the program and through the job search process.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Good luck, Bill. one thing I love most about this post is that it is preceded by one about Aaron at 4 months. Both posts are so important, but are so different. You have a wonderful family!