Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy birthday to me

Four years ago tomorrow I got the sweetest gift of Spencer on my birthday. He was quite possibly the best birthday present I'd ever received. Nothing can really compare to that first baby that makes you a mom, and on my birthday no less.

I don't really know what I'll do tomorrow to celebrate my birthday. We have some awesome new toys for Spencer, so I'm sure it will involve lots of playing with them. I have scouts that night, so hanging out with a couple 9 year-olds is on the agenda. Visiting a friend is in there too.

So nothing that special or out of the norm, but another good day, another good year. I've liked the first couple years of my 30s. We've managed to accomplish quite a few goals and are well on the way to finishing some others. I have a great husband and some awesome kids. It's a good place to be.

This is going to be a great year, I can already tell. I have some races planned, some fun things to do as a family, plenty of things to build for our house, a couple quilts to finish or make, and I'm sure lots of other awesome things in the works. We need to get out hiking and camping some more. Bill and I need to go on a few more regular dates. We need to be deliberate about how we spend our time and make the most of it. All good things. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Amanda and Miles said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!

Kirst said...

Hope your birthday was extra special. Seeing my children open presents and their excitement always makes me happy, so I'm sure it was good. I've been sending you happy thoughts from Texas.