Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New running buddy

Okay, maybe not always, but today I found myself a new running buddy of the four year-old variety. Spencer came on his very first real run with me! It was awesome. He's been asking for days and days, but it's hard to get the timing worked out to take him. It's hard enough to fit in me going alone, but both of us going is even more of a trick. However, the stars aligned this afternoon as Bill was home for a bit and Spence and I headed out.

We ran .78 miles all together and he ran the whole way and insisted on holding my hand and chattered about everything from mailboxes he saw to the colors of cars to there being no dogs around to how fast we were running. It was awesome. My mother heart sang. He had such a great time and I did too and hopefully we'll be able to do it again soon. My kids are starting to like things I like. It's a little bit of heaven!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is so cute. I love to hear the thing he chatted about while you were running :)

Deb said...

LOVE IT!!!! The sweetest .78 mile you've ever run, I am sure!