Monday, October 19, 2015

A rather uneventful week

It boggles my mind how expensive car repairs can be. The estimate for the repairs on what felt like a minor fender bender last weekend is $3000. That is crazy to me! The other guy's insurance will cover everything, plus two new carseats and a booster seat, plus a rental for the time it takes to fix it. Seriously, it's so much money. There are many forms of insurance I dislike, but car insurance is really making my life easier right now. We're just waiting for all the parts to come in to get the van in for repairs. 

This weekend we headed Greenville direction to do some shopping. We ended up at Steak 'n' Bake for dinner, which is not somewhere I would go again, but it was okay for one meal. Aaron was hilarious there. I find myself forgetting regularly that he's not a little baby lump anymore. He has opinions and wants to do everything everyone else is doing, and eats normal food like everyone else. This is him chowing through a grilled cheese sandwich and fries in comfort. lol. He is actually my biggest eater of the three. That kid can put down food like no other. He was all over playing with the cardboard truck they gave him and generally having a grand old time going out to eat, which we don't do very often. 


Aside from that, we haven't had much happening this last week. The lawnmower is on the fritz, so my lawn is half mowed from when it stopped in the middle of mowing, and looking like a jungle. My fingers are crossed that once we fix the mower we'll only have to mow one more time for the season, but no guarantee as it's supposed to be 79 degrees on Friday. The weather is being exceptionally fickle of late. I was a bit shocked by the 40ish degree nights the last few days, but I could be done with 80-degree temps too. I guess I'm like everyone else and just can't be satisfied with what the weather throws us, lol.  Good times.

Oh, I did run 11 miles Saturday morning. The half marathon is in two weeks. Bill is still uncertain whether he can run it. Fingers crossed on that, but I'm not thinking about it too hard. I've found that it doesn't matter how many times I train for long races like a half marathon, any time I run more than 10 miles in a training run, it is grueling mentally. Often physically too, but definitely mentally. It still just seems like a long time. Of course it is, but when you run lots of miles, sometimes your perspective gets distorted. So yeah, 11 miles is a LONG run! It's a big accomplishment. Go me. lol. My brother is driving in to run the race with me and hopefully Bill, so that's going to be awesome.

No comments: